I love creating different kinds of muffins because they are easy to reheat and carry for a snack, or serve with a big salad and veggies for a quick easy dinner! I made these muffins in 2 varieties! One with grass fed beef for the meat eaters in my family, and 1 with wild salmon for the pescatarian!
Sweet Potato, Flax & Beef (or Salmon) Muffins
- 1 lb grass fed beef or 16 oz wild caught salmon (I used canned)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed (1/4; cup whole flax ground in a coffee grinder yields 1/2 cup ground)
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/4 sweet onion chopped (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, quartered and cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- various spices to your taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until everything is well blended. If you don't have a food processor, mash the sweet potatoes with a fork and combine well with the other ingredients using clean hands.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide mixture into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.
These are great because they can be stored in refrigerator or you can freeze them for later! Full of all essential macro-nutrients to fuel your body!